Thursday, December 06, 2007

Minced Pork Wraps


Every time we go to a Chinese Restaurant I would immediately ask the waiter if they have minced pork wraps available, this is one of my favorites grin. There are times when they don't have this due to the availability of the lettuce (sigh). I got this from Healthy Chinese Recipes. I have tried making this recipe for my sister's birthday and it was quite an experience to prepare. The noodles had to be shocked with the oil to let it fluff and get its crisp, if you are not quick enough the noodles will burn. I used the canned water chestnuts, it was the one readily available. Instead of using the light soy sauce, I used fish sauce as a subsitute, the taste was just right for me =) and so as with everybody. This dish was a HIT =D

MINCED PORK WRAPS
Photo from Healthy Chinese Recipes

A traditional Chinese recipe of minced pork and water chestnut wrapped with lettuce leaf - a perfect combination to serve as an appetizer. - healthychineserecipes.com

Ingredients:
• 250g Minced pork
• 100g Water Chestnuts, minced (Tinned or fresh)
• 1 tsp Minced Garlic
• 1 Tbsp Light Soy Sauce
• 1/2 Tbsp Dark Soy Sauce
• 1 Tbsp Oyster Sauce
• 1 tsp Sugar
• Dash of Sesame Oil
• Dash of Pepper
• 8-12 Iceberg Lettuce Leaves, cut into 10cm circles (I did not bother in cutting the leaves, I just separated each leaf, cleansed it thoroughly and drained the excess water)

my twist to the recipe
- 1 small pack vermicelli (I added this to the recipe to give it a crunch and this also absorbs the excess oil from the minced pork and chestnut mixture)
- 2 tablespoons of char siu sauce mixed with a little water (mix according to your desired consistency, i like it not a bit runny)

Method:
1. Mix pork, water chestnuts and seasoning ingredients.
2. Lightly coat non-stick frying pan or wok with oil.
3. Stir-fry garlic until fragrant.
4. Add pork mixture and stir-fry until golden brown and cooked through.
5. Serve in individual portions in the lettuce leaf cups.

my version of layering:
- put the desired amount of vermicelli on the lettuce cup and top it with the minced pork mixture and drizzle a bit of char siu sauce and enjoy =)

1 comment:

rhtehe said...

Next week is my boyfriend birthday, I do not know choose what present for his birthday, my good friend tell me that you can buy the flyff penya do the present, because he was very like to play the Flyff, yes, this is a good idea, but I do not know how to buy flyff penya and where wo buy the flyff gold, so this is a different problem for me, so I hope know how to buy the cheap flyff penya can told me, in here I was very thank for you.