Thursday, December 06, 2007

Siakoy or Sugar Twist



One of my indulgences and my favorite snack food when I was growing up. I miss eating this treat. My cousin's nanny that sells this fave of mine has transferred to another location (sigh). Though I can buy sugar twists from the grocery or a nearby bakery, it still does not taste the same. It lacks the homemade touch. Sugar twists from the grocery or the bakery tastes too commercialized for me. I still have to try out this recipe though. Hopefully one of these days I can let the nanny come over and teach me her secret in making this sumptuous sweet. =) So that every time I have a craving I can just whip myself up a batch =D (that would be something to look forward to).

Siakoy (Sugar Twist)

Ingredients:
4 cups flour
1/4 cup sugar
1 tsp salt
2 tsp yeast
1 cup lukewarm water
2 Tbsp oil

Procedure:
Dissolve the yeast in lukewarm water.
Add sugar, salt, oil, and 3 cups flour.
Mix and knead until smooth.
Use remaining flour during kneading.
Form into a ball and let rise in a greased bowl for 1 hour or until double in bulk.
Punch down and divide into 24 portions.
Roll each portion into a 10 inch cylinder and twist into a rope.
Let stand for 30 minutes or until double.
Fry in deep hot oil until golden brown.

1 comment:

rhtehe said...

I was very like to play the Rohan online game, in my mind I can gave up all things but I can not gave up the rohan crone, it gave me the courage and the confidence, in the game I was very like to earn the rohan gold, but I also need to buy rohan crone, but the same time I know a website sell the cheap rohan crone, so if you want to buy, I suggest you come here.